STC Scholarship Available for the 2020 ~ 2021 Academic Year
STC is delighted to announce a $500 scholarship to assist students who are pursuing an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree or graduate certificate program in some aspect of technical communication.
The award is for the 2020-2021 academic year and will be awarded in February 2020. Applications will be accepted through November 30, 2019. Students do not have to be STC members to apply. The scholarship winner will receive a free year of STC membership. More information, including a link to the application instructions, is on this page: https://www.stc.org/scholarship/
Learn more about TechComm
Technical Communication Programs
The following technical communication programs and courses are offered in Ontario, most in the greater Toronto area:
- Seneca College – The three-semester graduate Technical Communication Program gets you job-ready with a paid work-term during the last semester, providing hands-on experience working as a Technical Communicator.
- Algonquin College (Ottawa) – A two-semester online (full or part time) Technical Writer Certificate is offered, and additional courses are offered in Technical Communication on campus.
- George Brown College – A Technical Communication Certificate and various Technical Communication courses are offered.
- Georgian College – A Two-semester Graduate Certificate in Communications and Professional Writing which includes a 240-hour professional work placement.
- Glendon College at York University – A two year, part time Certificate in Professional and Technical Communication (high level: educational or work experience is required).
- Humber College – The Technical Writing Certificate is a largely online, part-time program.
- Ryerson University – The Faculty of Communication and Design offers a four-year Professional Communication Bachelor of Arts and a 1-year Master of Professional Communication (MPC). Many other types of business communication and media courses are also offered.
- University of Toronto – The Engineering department offers graduate studies in Scientific Writing.
- Centennial College – The Communications – Professional Writing program one year Graduate Certificate includes a work placement.
This information is provided “as is” only. You should check the college sites and review their program before making any decision on registration. Ensure you talk to a program co-ordinator at any of the colleges mentioned if you have questions. If there are errors, please contact us about the error and we will try to fix it as soon as possible.