The Society for Technical Communication (STC) is a professional association with over
4, 000 members dedicated to the advancement of technical communication. Technical communicators research and create information about technical processes or products directed to a targeted audience through various forms of media.
What are the member benefits?
- Member-only discounts on professional education and our annual conference
- Member-only discount on CPTC certification
- Online access to STC’s job bank
- A free copy of STC’s Salary Database
- Online access to industry-leading publications Intercom and Technical Communication
- STC member-only discounts on software, insurance, travel, computers and other services
For a full list of membership benefits, additional membership information, and category eligibility, click here.
What are the membership types?
- Professional & Academic
- New Professional
- Sustaining Member
- Corporate Value Program
How can you join STC?
If you are joining STC for the first time (or former members whose membership has lapsed more than one year) pay Society dues, a $15.00 enrollment fee, and chapter and SIG fees (if applicable). Because the full range of STC products and services is available online to members immediately upon activation, STC dues are non-refundable and non-transferable. All STC memberships operate on a calendar year cycle and expire on 31 December.
Are you already a STC member? Click here to renew your membership. Are you joining STC for the first time or a previous member who has lapsed for more than one membership year? Click here to join STC today.
If you have any questions, contact STC membership at +1 (703) 522-4114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our Membership FAQs page for assistance.