Join STC Toronto
A great way to get involved with the tech writing community is to become an STC Member.
Membership in the Society for Technical Communication provides value through connections, education, and professional development throughout the year. Receiving contracts and job offers is not unheard of after networking with some of our members. STC Education courses, contests, and publications have also helped our members advance their careers.
If you decide to join the STC, be sure to select the Toronto community when prompted. This ensures that you become a member of our local chapter, giving you discounted access to our many events, access to the STC Toronto Job Bank, and voting privileges at our Annual General Meeting.
Contact us for more information.
Attend our events
We invite you to join our events!
Our events include a monthly brunch social, casual learning sessions, and educational webinars throughout the year.
Our events are periodically updated throughout the year. There are a variety of ways stay up-to-date on what’s happening:
Write for our blog
We are planning to create a blog for our site, which will be visible to any online visitors.
This blog will feature articles about technical communication and our community for our blog and our newsletter.
We welcome volunteers to come forward and write articles for us. It’s a great way to enhance your online presence, and get your name known among key decision makers.
- Reporting on meetings and events
- Interviewing speakers
- Software reviews
- Conference or seminar reviews
- Book reviews (software tools, style guides, documentation processes, anything to do with technical communication)
- Tools, tips, and tricks
- Courses or programs you are enrolled in
- Adventures in technical communication
- Your experience in the current job market
- Current trends in technical communication
- How you solved a particular technical communication problem
- Successful job-hunting strategies
- The “zen” of technical writing
- The value of technical communication to your company or clients
- New technology or research
- Why you are a technical communicator, or about to become one
- What you like (and don’t like) about technical communication
For more information, including general guidelines for submissions, contact us.
Become a volunteer
Volunteering allows you to meet and learn from interesting people who are leaders in the field of technical communication, enhance your professional development, and accelerate your career. You get to meet others in the industry and show them how well you work, and gain valuable work and team experience!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
We often need people to help out at events: setting up tables, registering guests, and so on. Please contact us if you’re interested in helping out!